Ever since its launch, Aarogya Setu has been hugely popular among people and it has been downloaded more than 12 crore since its first launch. Aarogya setu app is meant to ensure safety from Covid 19.
The Aarogya setu app uses phone’s GPS and Bluetooth to trace the movement of people and warns them if they are about to enter the proximity of any covid infected person. The app also informs people number of person tested Covid 19 positive within last month in 500m, 1km, 5km and 10km radius.
Now the app has launched a new feature which lets users know of the people who have been within their Bluetooth proximity and allows them to assess their own risk level.
Aarogya Setu has new features – let’s you know of your BT contacts and allows you to assess your risk level. Update your App and click on See Recent Contacts to get this information. @CovidIndiaSeva@mygovindia @MoHFW_INDIA#SetuMeraBodyguard#IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/IsexQVITNE
— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) July 5, 2020
Here’s how you can use the feature:
- Once the Aarogya Setu app is updated, the user will see the option to ‘See Recent Contacts’.
- Upon clicking that option, the users would be taken to a new screen where the app will search for the number of users who have been within the Bluetooth proximity of the user.
- Note that in order to assess the status of the Bluetooth proximity contacts, the user will have to give their permission to upload their data on secure government servers.
- The users are then shown the status of the Bluetooth contacts and displays how many of them are low risk or healthy, how many are infected and how many are moderate risk.
- The app also shows the date, time duration and approximate location of the contact with an infected person, the app announced.
This update of Aarogya Setu has been released for Android OS. Update for iOS phones will be released soon.