11C
Delhi
Sunday, January 24, 2021

‘China ready to work with WHO Covid-19 probe team’

- Advertisement -

500 new coronavirus cases in South Korea, Global death toll passes 3,000Beijing, Jan 9 (IANS) China is ready to receive a World Health Organization (WHO) expert team which would conduct investigations into the origins of the novel coronavirus, a senior health official said here Saturday.

China and the WHO have reached a consensus on specific arrangements of the investigation with four video conferences, Zeng Yixin, deputy head of the National Health Commission, told a press conference.

He added that Chinese experts were waiting for their WHO counterparts’ arrival.

Once the WHO experts complete their procedures and finalise the schedule, Chinese experts will go to Wuhan, where the virus originated in December 2019, with them to conduct the investigation, Zeng said.

READ ALSO:  [Hindi] तबलीगियों ने बेहूदगी की तमाम हदें की पार, अस्पताल में अधनंगे, अश्लील गाने गाए, नर्सों से छेड़छाड़

He stressed that China’s position on the WHO investigation is positive, open and supportive, and the country hopes such joint efforts would help deepen the understanding of the virus and better prevent infectious diseases in the future.

Zeng’s announcement came after the WHO claimed earlier this week that a team had been denied entry to China.

The world body said that two members of the team were already en route, adding that the problem was a lack of visa clearances, the BBC reported.

On Tuesday, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that he was “very disappointed” that China had not yet finalised the permissions for the team’s arrivals “given that two members had already begun their journeys and others were not able to travel at the last minute”.

READ ALSO:  Fatality rate of CoronaVirus is 10 times higher than influenza, says WHO

In response however, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying told the BBC “there might be some misunderstanding” and “there’s no need to read too much into it”.

The WHO has been working to send a 10-person team of international experts to China and it was announced in December 2020 that the investigation would begin in January 2021.

READ ALSO:  Fatality rate of CoronaVirus is 10 times higher than influenza, says WHO

Source: IANS

India Updates
India Updates is an independent news & Information website. Follow us for regular updates on News and Information.

Follow Us On

Related News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Topics In India

Covid 19 India Updates

Trending News In India

Trending Showbiz

Trending Sports

Latest Trending News In India

Shah launches Ayushman CAPF scheme for 28L lakh central force personnel

Guwahati, Jan 23 (IANS) Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday launched the 'Ayushman CAPF' plan, extending the healthcare benefits of the Central health...

Properly cooked poultry meat, eggs safe to eat: FSSAI

New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) A document issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India suggests that proper cooking inactivates the bird...

Bird flu outbreak reported in 13 states so far: Centre

New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS): Cases of bird flu have been confirmed in 13 states so far of which of which Avian Influenza has been...

Imposition of Emergency has long lasting impact on generations: Justice Ramana

By Sumit Saxena (IANS) Justice N.V. Ramana of the Supreme Court, the judge who is due to become the next Chief Justice of India (CJI),...