Is one man’s footprint fuelling Covid-19 fears in Delhi?
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Most of the coronavirus footprints that seem to have been unleashed on the national capital seems to the result of the criss-crossing by one single individual.
The Hyatt Regency being quarantined in Delhi, two schools in Noida shutting down and Agra seeing number of coronavirus suspects rise — they all seem to be the results of one individual”s movements without knowing that he has been infected with coronavirus.
Did the man, who travelled from Rome to Budapest and then to Delhi via Vienna, cause the virus to spread?
Did his visit to the Hyatt lead to coronavirus panic in the establishment?
Did his son”s birthday party in Agra in the presence of other families having children studying in two private schools in Noida trigger an alarm to close the institutes temporarily for sanitisation?
Or was the birthday bash in Agra responsible six more people from the city showing symptoms of the deadly disease?
On its part, Air India has issued an advisory about the flight from Vienna to Delhi carrying the man who has tested positive for coronavirus.
The man from Delhi tested positive for coronavirus on Monday. Following this, as a precautionary measure, two private schools decided to cancel classes for the next few days because the patient happens to be the father of a student in one of the schools.
He also reportedly went to Hyatt Regency for dinner. Hyatt was quarantined on Tuesday and the staff have been asked to observe quarantine.
One of the schools, where the Delhi man”s son is a primary class student, said that it will remain shut from March 4 to March 6.
The parent had thrown a birthday party last week for his son in Agra, triggering fears that the students who attended it might be at risk.
Medical samples from five students of the school have been taken to check if anyone has been infected, an official said.
The second school said that it is suspending classes till March 9 and sanitising its campus.
352 under watch for Covid-19, no positive case in Karnataka
Amid renewed surveillance and control measures by the state government and a city-based employee testing positive for coronavirus in Hyderabad, no positive case has been recorded in Karnataka, an official said on Tuesday.
“There is no coronavirus positive case in the state. Health Minister Sriramulu has reviewed the situation. As usual we are screening passengers every day and symptomatic cases are being sent for testing,” state Health Department”s Joint Director, communicable diseases, Prakash Kumar told IANS.
As many as 560 travellers from coronavirus-affected countries have been identified and 352 have been put under home surveillance. Currently, three people are being monitored in hospital, he said.
“The confirmed COVID-19 Telangana case has the history of working in Bengaluru and travelled to Secunderabad on the night of February 21 in a private bus. All the passengers and colleagues have been contacted and are under house quarantine,” said an official statement from the state government.
Indigo airline said that the Telangana techie travelled on its flight from Dubai to Bengaluru on February 20 and all the four cabin crew are under observation while in home quarantine.
As part of the Karnataka coronavirus control measures, the state and district rapid response teams (RRT) are on alert at the state and district levels, involving the medical colleges, while Chief Secretary T. M. Vijay Bhaskar and the District Commissioners have meetings at the state and district levels, respectively.
11 samples of coronavirus suspects collected in Jaipur
After two suspects (an Italian couple) were admitted to SMS Hospital, here, as they tested positive for coronavirus, samples of 11 other suspects were collected on Tuesday.
Two of them are Italians, one Japanese, one from Hong Kong and seven Indians. They had been shifted to RUHS Pratap nagar, said senior health officials. They didn”t show any coronavirus symptoms, but had been quarantined because of their travel history, officials added.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Raghu Sharma has asked for a new isolation facility at the Rajasthan University of Health and Science (RUHS).
J&K prepared to deal with coronavirus case: Govt
Though there has been no coronavirus case in Jammu and Kashmir, the Union Territory is fully geared up to deal with it, according to a senior official.
“We are fully alert. The surveillance has been increased, since the first advisory issued by the Centre on February 2,” said Rohit Kansal, Principal Secretary (Planning, Development, Monitoring) and the J&K administration”s official spokesman, here on Tuesday.
According to Kansal, 201 individuals who either had visited China, South Korea, Iran and Thailand or come in contact with the persons who travelled to these countries, have been screened. Of the 21 tests, no one has been reported positive for coronavirus.