14.2C
Delhi
Wednesday, January 27, 2021

ICC exploring all the options for T20 World Cup

- Advertisement -

Two more women umpires in ICC panel, total gone up to 12The International Cricket Council (ICC) is not in a hurry to take a decision whether the T20 World Cup should be postponed in the wake of COVID-19 or staged as scheduled, saying it is “exploring all options” as part of its comprehensive contingency planning for all its events.

The T20 World Cup is scheduled to be held in Australia from October 18 to November 15 but with all sporting events either postponed or cancelled due to the global health crisis, the fate of the tournament remains uncertain.

With Australia sealing its borders and putting restrictions on travel to contain the dreaded disease, there have been speculations that the T20 World Cup could be postponed to next year or held inside closed doors.

READ ALSO:  Delhi beat Hyderabad, to face Mumbai in their maiden IPL final

“We are continuing with our planning for ICC events as they are, but given the rapidly evolving situation as a prudent and responsible measure we are also undertaking a comprehensive contingency planning exercise,” an ICC spokesperson was quoted as saying by SkySport.

“This includes exploring all options available to us based on a range of scenarios connected to the pandemic.”

The T20 World Cup is still six months away and ICC said it will take a decision after consulting all stakeholders, including the Australian government.

READ ALSO:  Aus vs Ind: Ishant, Rohit ruled out of first two Tests, says report

“We will continue to take advice from experts and authorities, including the Australian government and will take decisions at the appropriate time,” the spokesperson said.

“We will utilise all the data and information available to us to ensure we can take well-informed, responsible decisions that are in the best interests of our sport.”

Former captain Allan Border and star all-rounder Glenn Maxwell have already given a thumbs down to the prospect of the tournament happening without spectators, while former batsman Simon Katich and wicket-keeper batsman Alex Carey feel delaying the event remains an option.

READ ALSO:  IIT-D startup developed a cheaper solution to N95 mask at Rs 45
India Updates
India Updates is an independent news & Information website. Follow us for regular updates on News and Information.

Follow Us On

Related News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Topics In India

Covid 19 India Updates

Trending News In India

Trending Showbiz

Trending Sports

Latest Trending News In India

YouTube paid $30B to creators, artists in last 3 years: CEO

New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) Google-owned YouTube has paid more than $30 billion to creators, artists, and media companies in the last three years,...

22 FIRs filed in Delhi tractor rally violence; 86 cops injured

New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) A total of 22 FIRs have been filed by the Delhi Police so far in connection with the violence...

Bilateral vaccine deals putting WHO-led Covax at risk: Tedros

Geneva, Jan 27 (IANS) The World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Tuesday that bilateral deals on Covid-19 vaccines between countries and companies are putting...

Farmers’ violence on R-Day a well-planned conspiracy: BJP

New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) The BJP on Tuesday said there was a well-planned conspiracy behind the farmers' tractor parade turning violent in the...